Welcome

I have lived my life relying on what others could do for me. I have never been able to complete a challenge on my own. Going to Costa Rica is my challenge and I am dedicated to complete that challenge. The challenge to me is working hard to earn what I need. The Costa Rica class as a whole needs to raise 15,000 dollars in order to go. With the hard work and dedication that I am willing to offer I am proud to say there is no doubt in my mind that we will reach this goal. The one thing that stands out to me the most about wanting to experience Costa Rica is the culture. It has been one of my dreams to go out of the country and experience their culture and relate it to mine. When I say culture I mean their difference of style of living compared to mine as in, food, housing, clothes, and environment. So I cant wait to explore and see what Costa Rica has in store for me!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Chapter 5

        Chapter 5        



  Throughout Chapter 5 I kept on seeing the word Transportation. So what I figured I would do is write this weeks blog entry on transportation. Before Costa Rica received the privilege of having buses, cars, or airplanes, they did all of their traveling by foot. Traveling by foot was not easy! traveling by foot takes alot of effort and work.

             There are a variety of options for moving between destinations in Costa Rica: domestic flights, rental cars, shuttles, private vans, ferries, public bus, and even horseback.
In the United States we have many types of transportation. We have buses, Cars, Airplanes, Bikes, scooters, Rollerblades, boats, jet skis etc.... The point is what I am trying to explain is that we are more fortunate because we really never have to travel by foot maybe some do. I am very fortunate for both my parents to have cars so that I can be transported to the places that I need to go instead of having to walk by foot.

                               When we go to Costa Rica that is one of the things I am looking forward to is seeing there types of cars, airplanes, ferries all of those different types of things. I think that it will make me thing about all the things we would have to do or work for in order to have the things that we do now. Most of the roads in Costa Rica are very long they take along time to walk. I know that when we are in Costa Rica we will be doing alot of walking. Although i do look forward to that because it is very good exercise. It will still be a good hike! I look forward to next weeks blog entry Thanks for taking the time to read this !

   Costa Rica Transportation                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment