Welcome

I have lived my life relying on what others could do for me. I have never been able to complete a challenge on my own. Going to Costa Rica is my challenge and I am dedicated to complete that challenge. The challenge to me is working hard to earn what I need. The Costa Rica class as a whole needs to raise 15,000 dollars in order to go. With the hard work and dedication that I am willing to offer I am proud to say there is no doubt in my mind that we will reach this goal. The one thing that stands out to me the most about wanting to experience Costa Rica is the culture. It has been one of my dreams to go out of the country and experience their culture and relate it to mine. When I say culture I mean their difference of style of living compared to mine as in, food, housing, clothes, and environment. So I cant wait to explore and see what Costa Rica has in store for me!

Friday, October 1, 2010

Chapter 4



CHAPTER 4



In the beginning of this chapter 4 blog entry I would like to begin with an opening quote from the book that i really enjoyed















" I once heard a speaker share this thought: if you look for bridges and they aren't to be found, then look for stepping stones"


This quote to me sounds in a way that one is seeking for a new beginning. In order for this new beginning to take place they have to take the steps in order to begin to put things behind them. While I was out sick for the past 2 weeks I read chapter 4. When I began to read this chapter and saw this quote I stopped and thought for a second about how this quote could relate to me being sick. I have missed alot of work in this class by being sick for so long. This class means alot to me it is a once in a lifetime chance and I don't want to fall so far behind that I give up on myself for falling behind. So I need to take those steps forward in order to put these things behind me. As I had mentioned in my mission statement  I want to prove to people that I can accomplish this goal that I have set in place for myself. So what I am going to do is begin to move forward with this and continue to do what I had been doing. Throughout the first page they introduce some facts about monkeys! monkeys don't look back they swing forward! monkeys are one of my favorite animals I would love to learn more about them.  So this is what  I would like to research for this weeks research project. I look forward to reading further into the book and learning more.







Lister Academy Costa Rica Article

4 comments:

  1. I love the way you transitioned from stepping stones to swinging monkeys. Forward momentum, not looking back, is what will make fundraising for this trip successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the quote! Can I borrow it!?
    Also, MONKEYS! Check out the howler monkeys - I can remember sleeping in the rainforest and being woken up by what sounded like your worst nightmare at 5 am every morning.... HOWLERS. Scary sounding beasts :)
    Hope you're feeling better and using those stepping stones to get back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much Amy, I am getting to be back on track now! This was my favorite blog post because i was able to connect it to my personal life! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete