Welcome

I have lived my life relying on what others could do for me. I have never been able to complete a challenge on my own. Going to Costa Rica is my challenge and I am dedicated to complete that challenge. The challenge to me is working hard to earn what I need. The Costa Rica class as a whole needs to raise 15,000 dollars in order to go. With the hard work and dedication that I am willing to offer I am proud to say there is no doubt in my mind that we will reach this goal. The one thing that stands out to me the most about wanting to experience Costa Rica is the culture. It has been one of my dreams to go out of the country and experience their culture and relate it to mine. When I say culture I mean their difference of style of living compared to mine as in, food, housing, clothes, and environment. So I cant wait to explore and see what Costa Rica has in store for me!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Raking

            LISTER LEAF BUSTERS!
We are back! This recently we raked our last lawn! We have raised a good amount of money raking with a total of  $3,800. We are trying to figure what our next step is. We are holding a fundraiser at Papa Gino's In Portsmouth on January 20th, 2011 from 4 p.m. until 9 p.m.the address is Heritage commons- 2800 Lafayette Rd. Portsmouth NH. We would appreciate it if we could as many people as possible. I am getting more and more excited the closer we get. Raking was a good experience for our class as a whole. Although at times the raking was very hard and tiring. We learned the positives and that downfalls will come along when working as a class together. It has been nice to chat with classmates and get to know each other even more than we already did. With a grand total of raking and everything else combined we have raised
$11,600. We would like if we could reach up to $20,000 but as long as we reach our primary goal we are okay and are on our way to Costa Rica. I know I have said this alot but I feel like I can not say it enough we really appreciate everything everyone has done for us!

 While grading myself for this class I have realized how much growth I have made in this class.
I am really proud of myself for the things that I have done in the past month, that I would never have done in the past 6 months. I didn't realize that helping others could mean so much to someone. I am very happy that I had the ability to make people happy by raking their lawns. Raking was a very time consuming thing and tireding, but seeing the smiles on those peoples faces was deffinatly worth the end result! I am so glad that I chose to be involved with this class :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment